4/25/2013

How to Track or Find Your Stolen iPhone

iPhone is one of the most frequently things to be stolen. Just as late as yesterday, my girl friend went shopping and found her iPhone 5, which is the birthday present I gave her, had been stolen! When I asked her if she had turned off Find My iPhone function, she even didn't know there is such thing in iPhone. I comforted her that I could buy a new one for here, but she insisted that we should find stolen iPhone because I had just helped one of my friends found his stolen iPhone successfully few weeks ago.

To be honest, it thanks to a little luck, for he had turned on Find My iPhone. Apple does not provide a product for tracking stolen iPhone, but Apple provides the Find My iPhone feature for iPhone. Here I want to remind iPhone users should enable Find My iPhone use, which could increase the chance of stolen iPhone tracking greatly. A simple diagram guide below shows how to enable it:
Open the Settings app -> Select the iCloud tab-> Tap Find My iPhone-> Select Allow-> Find My iPhone has been active!
find my iPhone


If you're lucky to open this use on the stolen iPhone, you can follow 5 steps below to track stolen iPhone.
1.    Find a computer can connect to the Internet, enter http://www.iCloud.com and log on the iCloud account associated with your iPhone, and click on Find My iPhone.
2.    The Device box would display a list of devices after you click it, select your stolen iPhone, and it will show you where your iPhone is automatically.
3.    In the previous step, you only can get approximate location. Click the Play Sound button to find the exact position, then your iPhone will make a sound to alarm which is for you to find it fast. The OK button would turn off the alarm.

When I turned on the alarm ring of my friend, it happened that an experienced police was standing by the thief. The thief was caught and my friend’s iPhone returned. That’s why I said we need a little luck.
Online there are many apps to find stolen iPhone, but they all need to be installed before the iPhone is stolen or lost, and nearly all of charges but play almost the same role as Find My iPhone.

track stolen iPhone

What else could we do…

>> If you failed to track your stolen iPhone with tracking app, you also can get the help from police. Report the information of stolen iPhone to the police, the police would help you find it if they got the relational information.

>> What the thief would do after they stolen your iPhone? Maybe they would keep it himself or change hands, or even sneak your iPhone data to do wrong. In order to keep your data safe, click the Lost Mode button and enter the iPhone unlock password in Find My iPhone.

>> Although you keep your data safe, but you lost some important data, such as contacts, photos, text message etc. Do not regret, iTunes Data Recovery could help to recover iPhone data quickly as long as you have synced data with iTunes before.

You Might Also Like:

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous17/6/13 08:30

    or a theif could just hold the power button and the home to turn off the device or they could just remove the silm card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous19/7/13 17:36

    My iphone 4s got stolen and ive put it in lost mode... after a few weeks I checked back on icloud (Find my iPhone) app and it said "No devices synced" have they unlocked my phone again???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is your mac syncing even though the menubar icon is disabled? I have a tower which gives me the option to "Sync Now" from the menubar and it's syncing but my MacBook says "no devices syncing" and it's not syncing.

      Delete
    2. did you find you ipod

      Delete